Saturday, March 29, 2008

Odd night - Playing poker - talking poker - reading poker... and MAKING PLANS

My Skype is alive tonight! Players reporting all sorts of action... Chunky is ON! JEFF is too.. my buddy little bill is even on tonight - and he never plays...

I'm working on a SPECIAL blog on "poker over the years" or something of that nature but I just can't seem to get it all down right.. SO - I'm switching GEARS and just going to cover whatever I see happening in the next 6 hours at work.

20:18 and all is secure.



I'm logging back onto FULLTILT - looking to see if there is a game I want to get involved with - I'm just NOT FEELING IT - playing wise tonight SOMETHING is OFF.. I'm NOT totally into it - and that's never a good start to a night of poker.

Maybe I better just keep talking on skype and writing here - lol>

22:01 - Site still secure - ROVING PATROL is here! (my boss JK) He and I have a few cops of JOE and talk a little during the NIGHT SHIFT (makes for a faster night) JK does not play poker.. :(

Jk,my boss... takes off and I got a few more hours to kill at WORK.. (That is... If you can call "ME" working my web sites and playing poker - "work") lol. I've got the DREAM JOB - I'm allowed to play poker in between PATROLS...

I've decided to work on MY charity goals for 2008 - and that's what I'm going to do.. TONIGHT I'm setting goals(2008)to raise some money for my charities.

To bring some of you up to speed... I have projects that I have donated to for years (self donations) and a bunch of others that I help to raise money for with the ELKS.... I was taught to GIVE back since a young age... and it feels good to make a difference... I do it for no other reason then because it seems like the right thing to do.. TO PLAIN HELP PEOPLE OUT.. WHEN I CAN.

Besides the CHARITY work with the ELKS.. I have a SPECIAL group of kids that I give money to for about 5 years now (AUTISTIC CHILDREN) - The group is growing and I'll be needing MORE money that my yearly donation of $250.00 (Christmas Party) so I'm going to run some LIVE tourneys in my area and HOPEFULLY also start some games on FULL TILT.. to make up a little extra that they need to a growing class... The kids need music and books and GAMES for the classroom as well as the GIFTS for the PARTY at CHRISTMAS. The Elks donate the SPACE and some picking foods (and SANTA) and I try to help make the rest happen. I'll get a few pictures up of my kids and none of you will keep a dry eye.


This YEAR I got to make it happen! This year the BILLS are going up! This YEAR we start THINKING bigger for these kids... On top of this... I'm adding another TASK to my list. HELPING A POKER PLAYER FRIEND OF MINE keep from having a POKER DREAM become a POKER NIGHTMARE...

It's easy - A card player (a real player) needs a hand.. - She is someone I'm really going to enjoy helping. She's a poker player that happens to have Fibromyalgia... Did I mention she is a very GOOD player?? that ...GET THIS! - WON! her seat into this years WSOP - but also, sadly, WON no spending money OR travel/hotel money.. with her seat (boooo) Between here disease and her $ woes. She's stressed out a bit.

Knowing how good she is at the game - I have to try and HELP her out... Wouldn't you? (Maybe you can help too) Stay posted here for special games on FULL TILT coming up in next few weeks.. I hope to get a few games going.. very soon.


Fibromyalgia (pronounced fie-bro-my-AL-juh) is one of the most common chronic widespread types of pain in the U.S. In fact, it affects more than 6 million people. And its causes are still not fully known. Recent data suggest that changes in the central nervous system may contribute to the chronic pain of this condition.


I'm not going to let her GO and PLAY all stressed... NOT ON MY WATCH.. A while back.. I suggested to her to CONSIDER selling a % of herself and she agreed to no more that 20% of her buy in... THEN, I asked her if a bunch of my POKER PALS raised $500 (in home tourneys) would she then DONATE the 5% to the HAZLETON ELKS LODGE #200. The other 5% I'm buying for my FAMILY - (Basically for my daughters school and milk money) I'm in for a $500 gamble and I'm happy to have this skilled player playing for us.

I'm unable to get to VEGAS this year anyways - I'M just starting to feel better myself and I'm not GOING TO MOVE TOO FAST.. I want to stay healthy.. I get to FEEL like I'm there ROOTING her on from PENNSYLVANIA.

I'll live thru "HER" experience in this years event - hopefully... she will sleep easy with the flight, hotel and spending money ALL taken care of.. that's the plan anyways... I DON'T KNOW TOO MANY POKER PLAYERS THAT COULD PLAY THEIR "A" GAME WHILE STRESSING OUT ABOUT BEING BROKE (AND HUNGRY) IN VEGAS. Vegas is a tough town when you are broke..


02:05 - I actually have to TRY and do a little work here.. I'll make a round in the warehouse - ALL IS SECURE! (of course it is.. I'm on the JOB) Here is a picture showing 1/10th of the warehouse) IT's about a 20 min walk - per patrol.





I hope some of you might TRY and help me with these SPECIAL projects.. Please get with me via comments if you have any idea's.. that will help with raising the extra money for the KIDS.. Please! I'm not proud - I'll take what little you can spare.. $5.00 games on FULL TILT with $5.00 donation.. (Sound fair?)

Her story.. What about her story... (The poker player with Fibromyalgia that is..) It is a good one.. Let's get right to it early tomorrow afternoonish

continued... Sunday 03/30/08 (sorry guys and gals - it's after 4 am and Daddy is tired!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! If you want to take a poke at me - go nuts! Just be ready for what ever I dish back at ya... It's a two way street...

Oh and be nice kinda sorta.. lol