Monday, March 31, 2008

LIVE POKER EVENT (CHARITY) $50.00+20 April 19 and ONLINE $10 games at FULL TILT

Some have told me this is a TOUGH SELL - but I can't understand why? A poker player (a good one) needs some help. I want to try and get her that help.

I have a new MISSION people! - A poker friend of ours needs some help! I'm going to reach out to my ONLINE poker pals - PLAYERS that KNOW a lot of rounders and then pray - something happens....

I will be running a live event in HAZLETON Pa - ON April 19 - 11am (This will be a DEEP STACK tourney) $50+20 It will be held at our local lodge. I will also - for the first time - attempt to get a few games going on FULL TILT (NL tourneys) with a $5.00 buy in $5.00 donation. If anyone has any other idea's - I'm all ears.

TO ALL MY PLAYERS THAT HAVE TOLD ME YOU ARE IN THE LIVE EVENT ALREADY = THANKS! (Sorry to the good few - that can not play that date... NOTICE! I will still take a $20 bill! Cmon! It's for a good cause.. READ BELOW.)

This lady's poker related story along with a few other details (like my coming back from the dead - illness) has re-ignited my love for poker...and taken me to a whole new PLAYING level...it's a game I have played hardcore since 1991... and THAT I LOVE MORE THAN MOST PLAYERS EVER WILL... Because of this I want to help her... PLAYERS NEED TO STICK TOGETHER (THAT... and because we have become poker pals, friends, members of a virtual poker classroom)

Maybe when YOU hear her VERY COOL poker story..Maybe you will want to help a fellow player out... THAT'S MY PRAYER anyway... hopefully you will come and play one of my fund raising games (live or online) - and help make A WSOP dream happen... (and allow her to PLAY her A game - without worries outside the game itself. Let's face it! The game itself is enough)

I told, no teased you a few blogs back about this girl I ran into online -It was a few months back that I met her.. I had been reading her blog since mid summer - 2007 - and then, starting talking to her via SKYPE back in January (2008) I had NO idea until much later that she had a disease.. a disease called Fibromyalgia note - she has helped me with my studies and my NL poker game, for the record. I also had no idea - HOW GOOD A PLAYER SHE WAS !

I'll get on with the story soon - I swear!

She has a disease called -Fibromyalgia

I asked CHRISTINA to explain in short to tell me what that means - Here was her answer..
"seekingplumb (3/29/2008 11:54:43 PM): I suffer from Fibromyalgia, and live in constant pain."

Her STATS and other details..

Her name CHRISTINA (age 33) *NO LAST NAMES ON MY BLOG UNLESS TV PROS.
She plays on FULL TILT
She is from USA - but now lives in CANADA - (dual citizenship)
Born - Sellersville, PENNSYLVANIA! (Tom Dwyer's home state..yeah!)
She lived in Allentown PA from 2 years old till grade 8 - At that time she
moved to upstate NY from 1988 till 1996 then moved to Canada - then all over. married in 96 and divorced as of today.
Does not play a lot live - but is working on this...

oh! The STORYYYYYY -- yes! YES!

I can only tell you the STORY up to date! - SHE "WON" her SEAT to this years WSOP (2008) SHE WON IT!
She is a member of PSO (pokerschoolonline) http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/ and she was TOP player in a game giving the WSOP prize away..

GREAT STORY HUH? (if you are into poker that is...) Tell me you would not like to have this gals story..

I would like to SEE her make the final table and THEN win it! (Yeah! I like to aim HIGH!)

The rest of the story will depend on a few things... (but no worries! I'm on it)

Here is the PROBLEM in a nut shell..

FOR HER WIN.. PSO http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/- gives her the 10,000.00 entry (the seat - not the money) but NO ADDITIONAL monies for additional anything... Not the AIR, HOTEL, etc.. I guess they just figure anyone winning the 10K - will have the money OR get the money for such a trip.

Well...

A - She was recently divorced and left with debt.

B. Here MONTHLY money coming in is small due to her her disease and limited disability income..

NOW! THIS WILL NOT STAND PEOPLE!!! THIS LADY HAS SKILL!!!

I'm DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT! (LUPE SOTO!) LETS GO! HELP US OUT! "LIPS" huh????

To SHOW some of you her skills (I do not throw smoke people I'm all about poker - PURE POKER in my bones)
CHECK OUT THIS LINK!
http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/fulltiltpoker/SeekingPlumb/poker/results/035B29D92156453EBAF6DBC5C6C43FE2.html?t=2

Fibromyalgia -

ABOUT THE DISEASE - Fibromyalgia (FM) is a disorder classified by the presence of chronic widespread pain and tactile allodynia.[1] An example of tactile allodynia is when a person perceives light pressure or the movement of clothes over the skin as painful, whereas a healthy individual will not feel pain. Fibromyalgia patients are often affected by a number of symptoms other than pain, including debilitating fatigue, abnormal sleep architecture [2] meaning the brain does not reach all the restorative levels of sleep necessary for overall health, functional bowel disturbances[3] and a variety of neuropsychiatric problems including cognitive dysfunction [4] which can mean short and/or long term memory problems, slowed information processing ability, diminished attention span and anxiety and depressive symptoms[5]. While the criteria for such an entity have not yet been thoroughly developed, the recognition that fibromyalgia involves more than just pain has led to the frequent use of the term “fibromyalgia syndrome.” It is not contagious, and recent studies suggest that people with fibromyalgia may be genetically predisposed.[6] It affects more females than males, with a ratio of 9:1 by American College of Rheumatology (ACR)criteria.[7] Fibromyalgia is seen in about 2% of the general population.[8] It is most commonly diagnosed in individuals between the ages of 20 and 50, though onset can occur in childhood.

The disorder is not directly life-threatening. The degree of symptoms may vary greatly from day to day with periods of flares (severe worsening of symptoms) or remission; however, the disorder is generally perceived as non-progressive.[9]



MY GOALS FOR CHRISTINA! (A poker player) A player that loves the game that I love.

1. To stake here $500 (her terms) MY MONEY (This is done deal) and have here play a small % for my family (I did this to JUMP start here fund raising and well - I know how good she is.. I jumped at chance - especially seeing how I can not attend this years WSOP)

2.To run a LIVE NL tourney for Christina on April 19th - (Hazleton PA) $50.00+20.00 $50 - kitty - $20 to Christina's cause

3.To have a few small buy in tourneys ONLINE at FULL TILT up until her WSOP run - (If you are new to FULL TILT - Please use BONUS CODE "SANTA" - This helps another one of my charities AUTISTIC KIDS - " For more info on what I do.. READ PRIOR BLOGS...

For Christina I Plan on a $5.00 + $5.00 donation games - I might even pay for CHRISTINA'S BUY IN - JUST SO SHE CAN PLAY with the group once in a while... If she wins! More for her WSOP trip. LOL... I dunno - Maybe not. Maybe I'll ask her to give it to my kids..

AFTER THIS - I'll be running SAME sorta games for my KIDS.. (for some info on AUTISM - here is just one link you can check out - http://www.forautistickids.com/

LETS HELP CHRISTINA OUT FIRST! I'm working with kids with AUTISM for a good 5 years now..


Well - that's my PLAN - and That's Christina's story- ! She has the GOLDEN POKER ticket WON! (IN HER HANDS PEOPLE) But - she lacks - funds for her trip... HOW CAN I SAY THIS TO POKER PLAYERS - She lacks the STEAK....for those pesky VEGAS extra's! Hotel, cab,food,fun,air..etc.. I want her to GO with her FREE entry (that she worked very hard to win) and WIN! (for Herself - the Elks! - and my Daughter!!!) and the other % of stake that she sold of herself.. No PLAYER should have to play a MAJOR PRO POKER EVENT (with the skills this gal has) with a WORRY of ANYTHING. SHE NEEDS TO GO - and PLAY!


Please - FOLLOW this story and DONATE to CHRISTINA by playing in some of our games! WE WILL POST ALL GAMES DAYS IN ADVANCE...

Last thing - (for PLAYERS who care)
I had to talk to her on SKYPE to get all the info for this BLOG - and I'll end it with a few of the questions I asked her about GOING to the WSOP in 2008.


Big (3/29/2008 11:45:31 PM): I know you won your seat on PSO (Pokerschoolonline.com) http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/
seekingplumb (3/29/2008 11:46:01 PM): Yes, it was PSO. It ran for 5hr & 12 minutes. It's hard to say how many I played against, because I had to rank top on a particular month, and then play the final 32.
seekingplumb (3/29/2008 11:46:17 PM): top in the school for a particular month

Big (3/29/2008 7:53:51 PM): Is everything in "cool" and all set up with (PSO) getting you BUY IN to this years event?

seekingplumb (3/29/2008 7:54:02 PM): cool! Yes! I've put in my request for SP. Now, i'm hoping we can get the wire transfer in and do pre-registration at the same time.

The PSO game that you played in to WIN your WSOP seat - How many hours of play? - # PLAYERS - etc?

seekingplumb (3/29/2008 11:46:01 PM): The game ran for 5hr & 12 minutes. It's hard to say how many I played against, because I had to rank top on a particular month, and then play the final 32.
seekingplumb (3/29/2008 11:46:17 PM): top in the school for a particular month

Big (3/29/2008 11:46:43 PM): 32 - WOW! PSO http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/ - is some REAL bang for the BUCK!
seekingplumb (3/29/2008 11:46:45 PM): Winner takes all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! If you want to take a poke at me - go nuts! Just be ready for what ever I dish back at ya... It's a two way street...

Oh and be nice kinda sorta.. lol