Saturday, March 22, 2008

If I could BUILD and OPERATE an ONLINE poker site - THIS WOULD BE MY DREAM SITE (your thoughts)





A couple years back - just after the MONEYMAKER year - I had a thought about WHAT sort of site I'd like to play at WHILE ONLINE.... (I had years of LIVE play and COUNTLESS hours at the REAL felt... and NO SITE to date has ever COME CLOSE to the action of a real deck)

(quick side note)
I'm bushed - so I'm going to make this a fast POST and probably add to it - as items I had in my mind (from years ago) POP back into the front of my mind..

But here is a rough Idea... (FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR IDEA'S - I LOVE WORKING WITH SMART PEOPLE) BRING IT!

BULLET LIST (DREAM ONLINE POKER SITE)

ONE - I'd like to play for on a very small site - Maybe 50 tables max.. (Do we need 1700 tables people???) Let's GET back to OLD SCHOOL - My online poker room would CARE about it's customers and TAKE care to assure a FAIR game for one and all...

ONE.5 - I'd own 51% of site and have a PAID board - to make help make decisions - and have MEMBERSHIP vote every 2 years or so for the BOARD... (spots open to ALL members in good standing - btw)

TWO - I'd like to have met the managers LIVE - maybe in VEGAS, TUNICA or Atlantic City - and get a feel for who they are and what they are all about...

THREE - I'd like the OTHER Players to BE KNOWN by ANOTHER player and MAYBE vouched for - SOME form of screening process (like when trying to get a concealed gun permit in Pennsylvania)

FOUR - I'd like to see the site have a "must talk or CHAT rule" to answer REAL TIME questions - to further prove to me that the player is a real LIVE person... (Maybe even have an AUDIO RULE - as in EVERY PLAYER MUST CHAT LIVE IN SKYPE or the LIKE)

FIVE - I'd like for said players to have a MIN deposit of say $400.00 so I'm not playing up against FREE ROLL players - Who wants to lose your 1,000.00 or more to a guy or gal grinding it up from a $20 free roll win..

SIX - I'd like the RNG to be talked about and PROVEN legit DAILY.. and I'd like the MEMBERSHIP (all the players) to choose who CHECKS the RNG, etc..

SEVEN - I'd like to LIMIT the LADIES that play (POKER IS A MANS GAME)
LoL - Just kidding - SEEING if some of you are still awake - and also was checking on just how many of you care to READ this deep into my idea's... LADIES are ALLOWED. (calm down)


EIGHT - I'd like a LIMIT to the RE-BUYS per DAY/MONTH.. etc.. (I know good people (quality players) that they GOT down off the bridge.. Let's TRY and help the players that can't handle the game. POKER IS NOT "fun" TO EVERYONE. WE DON'T NEED PEOPLE KILLING THEMSELVES.. We have to at least TRY.

NINE - SOME HOW - I'd LIKE to KNOW everyone I'm playing with OR have SOMEONE I know - know them... (I think I covered this one already - but I'm super tired)

TEN - I'd of course SUGGEST to the board that we offer a great amount of RAKE back - because MORE hands per hour equals a LOAD of cash - and WHY NOT? No need for my company to be greedy.

ELEVEN - More FLOPS per hour would MEAN MORE winning hands for QUALITY players (TAGS and Aggressive "PRO" Loose players as well) Thus sending the lesser skilled players to the CASHIER more often (hmmmmm better yet - WE better shoot for 100 tables huh.....) When you walk into MY online site - WINNING players will WIN more and LOSING players WILL also win - BUT - NOT that often... (The MATH will work in favour of the QUALITY player in my DREAM site.....)

TWELVE - We will take a great amount of our MUCH DESERVED CUT (Offering such a "POKER" product) and GIVE it to charity's - Because it's the right thing to do AND because I know POKER players for the most part are GREAT "people" and WANT to GIVE back for having such a site created... Plus they want to know - that for ALL the hours of sitting on their ASS "grinding it out" meant something...

FOURTEEN - (hell NO I'm not having a #13 - LOL) DAILY activity reports with TAKE - RAKE BACK and $$ sent to CHARITY...WINNERS WILL WIN - LOSERS WILL LOSE - (NO CRYING - POKER IS HELL - POKER IS THE DEVIL AT TIMES)

HANDS WILL CHECK DOWN FROM TIME TO TIME (YES SOME HANDS WILL OFFER NO ACTION WHAT-SO-EVER) YOU WILL SEE 4 TO THE FLUSH - BUT NOT AS OFTEN - YOU "WILL NOT" ALWAYS SEE "STRAIGHT DRAWS & FLUSH DRAWS ON THE FLOP AND TURN" - SOME HANDS WILL BE JUST PLAIN BORING - SOME NIGHTS EVEN...
(OK - If you have not already passed out - JUST BREATH - and LETS TRY TO MAKE A SITE LIKE THIS HAPPEN)

Now - I'll add more - NO DOUBT! (It's going to be fun playing on this site - Ain't it...)

AND REMEMBER WHO STARTED THIS THREAD!!!!! PLEASE - MAKE SURE YOU ALL REMEMBER THIS DAY - TOM DWYER STARTED THIS TOPIC!!! Not for me - but for my DAUGHTER and WIFE - Who allow me to LOVE this game as much as I do... I want them to be PAID OFF for my great THINKING... (I just want to PLAY fair - HONEST poker)

I'm sure to go down like ABE LINCOLN or JOHN ADAMS for having the BALLS to FIGHT the KINGS of the ONLINE poker business...
I'll sign my NAME huge like JOHN HANCOCK - Because the industry is FULL OF SHIT! PERIOD (Man that feels good to say - TRY IT! lol)

I too have a dream....

Many of you in the Great USA - Think BARAK OBAMA is the BOMB - Well - SHIT... He ain't got nothing on me!

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO ADD - and COULD such a SITE ever happen???? WHY/WHY NOT?

Get on it!
(I told you guys this BLOG was going to ROCK and that I'd make REAL poker players THINK)

VOTE FOR ME AMERICA!!!! VOTE FOR ME PPSN!!!! VOTE FOR ME POKER PLAYERS EVERYWHERE!!!!

God - I love this game...

SPECIAL ANNOUNCMENT!!! (March 2008)

P.S. I have a REAL LIVE poker radio (internet show) on poker (of course) COMING right around the bend - AND it's like nothing you EVER heard the likes of before - CONSIDER THIS A WARNING! CONSIDER THIS A GIFT!

It will feature MYSELF and a very skilled female DR poker player friend of mine... WITH CASHES UNDER HER BELT (a little thanks to me - lol ) - It's going to make XM internet raido even.. I know it! - (NO doubt - late night FM radio at least...)

JUST WAITE - YOU GUYS JUST NEED TO GIVE HER A LISTEN - I'm like DAVID LEE ROTH (early years of VAN HALEN) I'll DELIVER the GOODS - I KNOW POKER and the POKER WORLD... YOU WILL LAUGH - CRY - LAUGH and LEARN POKER TOO!

Let's get this party STARTED!

WAKE UP EVERYONE! THINK! QUESTION! LIVE! PLAY FAIR POKER ONLINE!

1 comment:

  1. Wowza Tom! You have quite the "Dream Poker Room" going there! Poker is in your blood and hey, if you build it, they will come....

    Good to see you're still passionate about the game!! HUGS! Lupe

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! If you want to take a poke at me - go nuts! Just be ready for what ever I dish back at ya... It's a two way street...

Oh and be nice kinda sorta.. lol