Friday, April 25, 2008

The TRASH TALK post!


I'm sorry all - I can't shake this chest infection! I'm sick - sick - sick!

So - rather than give you a washed out version of my take on the SUBJECT that I love most in poker - (ALLOWING players to use ALL styles of play - including SMACK/TRASH talk) I'm going to "table" the post! Just until I'm feeling better...

However - because I want you to get SUPER value when you come here - check out this SITE and see some of the videos and posts! It's a well thought out site.

HERE is just a small taste - ALL SOLID GOOD ADVICE!

This site I'm shipping you OFF TO.. you will find a POST called "QUOTES"

Again, READ THIS.. soak it in and read it again - It's GOLD! If you are trying to LEARN to play quality poker! You must learn how to NOT BEAT YOURSELF as much as learning the top SKILLS of the game, position, odds, reading people, etc.. YOU MUST VIEW YOURSELF!!!! (Take a hard look in the POKER mirror)

Here is the the MUCH hyped QUOTE!

"Whether he likes it or not, a man’s character is stripped at the poker table; if the other players read him better than he does, he has only himself to blame. Unless he is both able and prepared to see himself as others do, flaws and all, he will be a loser in cards, as in life. ~Anthony Holden"

Find this and MORE like it at... this site. Enjoy!

http://www.moderngrinder.com/index.html

1 comment:

  1. Calling certain types of players a "fish" or a "donk" might set them on a small tilt. This type of name calling may work on mediocre players. These types of opponents generally play competently, but might start to play revenge poker if their manhood is challenged. Trash talk will not work on me,
    I've seen my share of it,and used to see it it all the time at a certain game I use to frequent a few years ago.(I won't mention any names) (most good player's don't pay attention to table chat anyway).

    Calling certain types of players a "fish" might even induce them to play better. If a good player is on tilt and starts playing like a fish, actually calling him a fish might make him realize he is playing poorly and get him off tilt. Calling someone who is really bad at poker a "fish" might actually be the last straw to induce him to play better. Generally though, calling a bad player a fish doesn't matter; it's a bit of a wash. He might go on a tilt and play even worse, or he might realize he's bad at poker and attempt to get better (or he just may quit poker completely).

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! If you want to take a poke at me - go nuts! Just be ready for what ever I dish back at ya... It's a two way street...

Oh and be nice kinda sorta.. lol