Wednesday, April 23, 2008

GOALS in POKER - LIFE and BLOGS!

Years ago.. I ran a site called "goallin.com" with over 1600 signed members. I started the site BEFORE the MONEYMAKER poker boom... I had a goal of 100 members at first... I hit that goal and then some. (GOALLIN is now owned by someone else, as I sold my rights to the domain name) I wanted something different and with a different SPIN on "my poker...." That's water under the bridge.. (Plus, I made a few bucks selling the site.. so it's all good)

Just after GOALLIN, some of you know I got a tad sick.. and left "productive" status for a time.. (Just over 2 years) TWO YEARS where the GOAL was to GET HEALTHY AGAIN.. TO GET MOVING! (another goal - in the bag!) :)

Since my mid teens - I've learned to have/set goals and have done well with doing so.. not only with hitting them (making them happen) - but ALWAYS coming up with new ones on a regular basis..

THESE DAYS!!! Feeling much better..NOTHING changes! I'm still setting and making new goals! THIS IS A VERY GOOD THING! (If you are not doing so! I suggest you GET ON IT! TODAY!)

I'm working on making two new sites - THIS BLOG and "another" poker related site for a radio pod cast I'm doing with a lady friend of mine from Texas, (we are both PUMPED about it too) I'm not sure of the name of the show yet - but I'm it might have something of a POKER slang - twang to it. I'm sure - if you like POKER and our little blog here - YOU will enjoy our poker discussions....

Check out here blog today (CLICK THIS LINK)- Dr Tricia is her name.

This blog is coming along - slow but sure... Problem is..It's summer now and my WORK/LIFE outside of poker must be attended to - Garden, JUST PLAIN BEING OUTDOORS! Our Rentals (spring fix ups and what not) and of course - my home - which always has me working overtime... it's no worry or much of a chore as pretty much - I love doing it.

Let's see...

I added MUSIC to our BLOG today - but I'm not sure if it FITS well here.. (This is no "myspace") I'm not sure if MUSIC and BLOGS on POKER work???

I also added a really neat signature book - which is filling up rather fast! (Friends from all over the world!!!) Please - if you are reading this - TELL every poker player about this site - I'm collecting SIGNATURES much like a HAM RADIO enthusiast... that and I love chatting poker - so the MORE players here the better!! Many of the early signatures HAVE been friends of mine for YEARS now... Of course, some are NEW friends - WELCOME ALL! LETS HEAR ABOUT POKER IN YOUR PART OF THE WORLD! (leave a comment - or a question.. Any POKER TOPIC, from strategy to travel..) ONE can never have TOO many FRIENDS...

I added a POLL - on the music - hit me up with your thoughts on the subject - I'm not sure all will understand how to MUTE the music if find the tunes not to their liking.. (It will be neat to see what people think)

So - My goals this week are many - and include my family, heavy labor house repairs, my rentals - my job - My Elks programs (VETS) - NEW ITEMS that will no doubt POP up and my poker game... I must have a 1'st place finish on FULLTILT this week or I'll be ill (Again!).... SO MANY FISH making poor poker decisions!! (I finished 22/90 today due to over playing a hand... something that I rarely do) Why we lose some of these usually LOCK HANDS .. or RACE HANDS I'll never understand some days.. Some days with POKER - we are NOT meant to win no matter what...

I know! I'll set a goal to WIN tomorrow!

I hope you will too!

GO NUTS! If you have a goal to let your hair grow long or to make a BOLD statement - REALLY MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!


Thanks for reading! If you have not done so yet - Please sign out guest book - and tell a friend!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tom its Backroom. that gues hair is amazing! and i made my own blog now lol

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! If you want to take a poke at me - go nuts! Just be ready for what ever I dish back at ya... It's a two way street...

Oh and be nice kinda sorta.. lol