Sunday, May 11, 2008

Well Well Well... So close but yet so far

My big day of poker yesterday was full of players that were how shall I say -

Weak.

Now - before I go on - I want you to know (In case you are new to this site, that I have won my share of live games and even here on FULLTILTPOKER as well was others like cake, stars, etc.)

I was taught over the years to get it in with the best of em and that OVER time - the suck outs dealt would equal the true %'s. (good plays would win more that bad) When I play - it's very often just the opposite. I will take my time - choose my spots - and then when I hit a certain chip amount - continue hitting quality cards - EVEN a mini streak of LUCK - or what players call a RUSH. THEN IT HAPPENS!

So - Here we are - last night. I'm very happy - I was able to have a day to play some serious poker unlike most my days in the past two years.. To make things better, I'm even in a game with a pro or two and get lucky enough to have one of them at my table. POKER PRO ROY WINSTON.. SEE the player in the RED VEST POST below. (that's him)

So - Look at these hands and tell me how I played it all wrong. (I'm open to the fact that I could be out of line with hand playing from time to time, we all can) But what this post is really all about is the fact that THE UNDER DOGS always seem to beat me later in the tourney, then of course they get BUSTED a few more spots down the line after that... It's rare to see them win these events (I've watched a good number to the end, just to see if the LUCK TRAIN as I call it continued to HIT THESE PLAYERS, like when they knocked me out of contention) I'll say it again - It seems that "online" certain players are sitting in the golden seat. AND THEY CAN NOT LOSE.

THIS hand was the one that started it all... You can tell me how this guy made the best move.. holding his WEAK flush draw.. For years I watched players chase flush draws and LOSE a ton of CASH doing so (me included) but ONLINE - It's happening too much..

Here you go - THIS HAND TOOK ME FROM SOME 15,000 chips or so - to, oh - 6,000.00 and the rest was down hill from there.. (not that I was tilt.. I was not tilt.. I was screwed time and time again by the LUCK TRAIN that kept hitting this guy. I make raise pre-flop, he calls. (that's cool) I hit flop hard - I bet again for VALUE, HE GOES OVER THE TOP of me but NOT ALL IN - but for say 2000.00 - I then go all in... HE calls.. (I hold my balls and EXPECT to have happen to me what always happens to me) ****DOG players make bad moves and THEY not me get paid. **** WHY DO I EXPECT THIS??? BECAUSE I ALWAYS LOSE THE RACE ONLINE... WHEN IT COUNTS FOR THE REAL MONEY PAYDAY.

(I'm still playing online.. I won't quit - because I'm ***SO*** due for a major score online)

Enjoy this one.. This one is a bute! I SUGGEST ALL PLAYERS PUT IT ALL IN DRAWING TO THE WEAK FLUSH. (It's no doubt a solid move)















OK - lets look at another one of the hands.. (SAME GAME.. ALL HANDS IN THIS POST ARE FROM SAME GAME. $24.00 NL game on FULLTILTPOKER with over 1200 players.) IN this hand LATER in the game - blinds are 150/300 or so and I decide to make a move.. I do not makes MOVES often.. but when I do I run into hands like these - (NOTE - I folded this hand when it was re-raised) My point for posting this TABLE SHOT on HERE is that many OTHERS report the same situations..(time and time again... QUALITY PLAYERS - always running into brick walls of 2,3,4 action) It's as if the sites SYSTEM or PROGRAM is expecting quality players to be making such moves..from mid to late position with Ax KQ, cards... ONLY to run into "wall after wall" like in this hand shown...

In live games... You get the BLINDS and the hands over.. It happens online too - but not to the true %'s.









OK - Moving on... Now this hand I'll give you that MAYBE I chose a bad spot. But in LIVE games many times a player is making such moves with any number of hands late in the game.. He shows the A5.. He has me.. no biggie.. But the RIVER card in this hand.. THIS TOO happens to me a bit too much.. How lucky these position players are to HIT the magic card... JUST ABOUT EVERY HAND on the good old river.



And lets end it with this one.. My last ditch effort by this MOVER AND SHAKER of the POKER WORLD.. At this point I've watched him steal (and somehow have players all fold) about 5 or so times in a row from VARIOUS POSITIONS... This guy is SO weak.

SO I am getting super short - BLINDS are coming my way BIG ONES... and I figure - K? against this guy is a good hand to call with.. I'd call this clown with any two... HELL - any hand.. with one BLANK CARD EVEN...

lol

Well here you go... (this time he has a hand.. and AIN'T NO WAY I'M IMPROVING AG INST THIS PLAYER.. NOT LAST NIGHT ANYWAYS.. It was HIS GOLDEN SEAT... NOT MINE.



SOME THING IS A MISS ONLINE... is all I'm saying.. and I think it has to do with KEEPING the WEAKER players coming back on - If sites allow them to LOSE like the should playing this way .. they would lose half of the customers.. IN OTHER WORDS - It's not good for business..

Hope you have a great run today.. I'll get back to you when I win the BIG ONE!

I had the FLU bad yesterday and today as well .. I'm not a writer as all of you know and I just kinda SPEED typed all this out - The pictures are worth a 1,000 words and I hope it's all as clear as it can be... (me not being a pro writer and all)

To any players that wanted more details of the hands.. Just know THIS! I made this guy pay and TRAPPED him every hand when I had the lead.. "like the pro that I am..."

YOU JUST CAN'T BEAT LUCKY..

I just question if it's JUST LUCK on line some times.

GO AHEAD - GIVE IT TO ME. I can take it.

I finished 382 by the way... HAd I won just a few of the LUCK TRAIN HANDS - I probably sail to the final 2,3 tables.

SORRY FOR TYPOS - OR WORSE THAN AVERAGE WRITING.. (if thats possible with me.. lol)

1 comment:

  1. Hey man, bad day huh?

    I feel you need to hear one of my favourite poker sayings: "You will never remember the amount of times that you DIDN'T get hit on the ass by lightening on your way to work".

    Like you say, you can't beat lucky. But you need to get the online poker being rigged idea out of your head and get back to concentrating on playing smart poker.

    Keep your head together and remember that chasing is no good. Yes, you can get lucky sometimes, but the people who make a lot of money over a long period of time don't rely on luck.

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! If you want to take a poke at me - go nuts! Just be ready for what ever I dish back at ya... It's a two way street...

Oh and be nice kinda sorta.. lol