Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My new subscription to CARD PLAYER




If you are like me - you are really into poker... For me however, I made the choice long ago to learn the game at the tables. (trial by fire) LIVE POKER. I spent over 20 years doing so clocking too many hours to figure - I did so in Vegas, Atlantic City, etc.. not to mention some pretty major back room games all over Pennsylvaina...

I'm at a point in my poker life where I feel I know a good number of major moves that many new players do not know - but somehow, I still lack a "few" of the last major tricks that the super pros know.. Ivey, Gus, Sammy,Annie, Jesus and my favorites Eric Seidel, Phil H and Barry Greenstein.. Ted Forest, just to name a few...

(Tips that in my mind the pros ain't looking to share
in any book all that soon
) lol It seems some TIPS in poker...you got to figure out on your own. I'm looking for those sorta tips.

So - After all these years and with that said - I decided to give reading a poker magazine a try... CARD PLAYER. It turns out, much of what I'm seeing/reading adds to my feeling that I do in fact have this game figured out for the most part.. but sadly, it gives me new questions to ponder. Sure. With a game like POKER - Style of play will come into effect... I guess I knew this would happen deep down.. Poker to me is like war. One General might take his men up river.. .One might go in a complete other direction of attack.

With poker..I've learned to play many styles.. NO ONE STYLE WORKS for me. I'm open to a move up RIVER or to the woods in poker, depending on the game I'm in and the players I'm playing. I do not chase to the river however..

So today I have this thought that maybe I'll take the BEST ARTICLE from CARD PLAYER - "in my mind anyways" and break it down, ask more questions or tell you if my take on the subject is NOT the same as the writer for the MAGAZINE.. Whooo Hoooooo! (calm down)

I'm not looking to do anything with this than learn and kick new idea's around. I'm not wanting to argue or pick a fight.. If I agree I agree - if not - I'll say so and share why and leave it at that...

SO - This week and in the coming months - look out for my take on things with the stanbackworld.blogspot.com Card Player article of the month blog. I'll also give my take on something dear to my heart - PHOTOGRAPHY. I rate the quality and lighting - etc... THIS IS ONE SUBJECT I KNOW... I've been doing pro photography work for over 23 years..

So - come on back now... ya'hear.. I might even get on this new once a month Card Player REVIEW thing tonight.. WHO KNOWS?

Hope you are hitting major flops this week! Any questions! Just ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! If you want to take a poke at me - go nuts! Just be ready for what ever I dish back at ya... It's a two way street...

Oh and be nice kinda sorta.. lol