Monday, May 12, 2008

got cocky in end and well - 2nd place finish

Seems I'm the master of 90 player $10 games - but as to the $24 + games - well - NO GOOD as of yet... low 300's out of 1200+ is best I can get.

I just came in 2nd on a $10 game (90 player)

I took many screen shots - and I'm putting them up as the images tell the story best. In this FIRST SCREEN shot - you will see HOW we want our AA hands to work out... lol I knew I was in the HOT seat when I knocked out so many so early in game...




huh?? How about that one... That will get your POKER heart pumping!

Lets see the next big hand... A GOOD AMOUNT OF TIME WENT BY WITH ME FOLDING.. It did not happen for some time... Check it out.. Next major action at "27 player" to go mark...(Big part of the game - folding)











Ok - pretty cool huh - but, looks like I somehow missed one or two major hands that took me down to just about 13,000 and to tell the truth had me in a weak chip stack for first time in game - I thought FOR HOW GOOD I HAD IT GOING EARLY... Maybe I would be in trouble with the bubble being 10 players.. - I also missed the SCREEN SHOT of a hand that got me a good few chips BACK.. and that put me back in the game - HOWEVER, in this image - 27 to go at the BREAK mark.. I'm back in it... SITTING A. O . K . (funny what a good few hands can do - when you just stay CALM)

**Note the "FTOPS" guy at my table.. SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THAT MEANS??? (plays 23 hours a day is my guess) If you know - Let me know in my comments.

Ok moving on... Just before the final table I hit AJ and decide to LIMP - run into a RAISE FIGURE IT'S TIME TO GAMBLE..and get it in with my AJ vs 44 - I hit (whoo hooo) and take it down... (NOTE - I never play small pairs like this guy did - and because of the change - I do better and finish higher in tourneys these days ...
















FINAL TABLE TIME - Nice load of chippies... Let's go to work. (GOGGLES ON!!!)
























Now - This is a hand that I liked - I always feel the TRAP is set not by the players as much but by the SYSTEM... So I limp - ONLINE - I use the logic (good or bad) that I want to see something before I go nuts with AK... I used to LIVE AND DIE by THE AK hand in POKER.. NO MORE. In this hand.. I HIT the "A" on flop and BOOM.. I DROP THE HAMMER... I GO NUTS! WAR! BABY! WAR. Note - the guy can not cripple me no matter what anyway.. It was nice to see him not hit the third "J".. It happens so much to me... BUT - here - tonight, it did not, My pair of A's made it happen... How nice. :)




















THIS NEXT ONE IS A GREAT HAND! (from my side of the action)

If you play much poker... YOU GOT TO KNOW that the Player holding the AQ in this hand was a bit pissed at me... I slow roll my KK and hit my "3" of a kind.. AGAIN! I told you I drew the LUCKY SEAT... ***NOTE - the scare cards - CLUBS. This just goes to show HOW the system keeps it exciting.. Makes him feel his AQ is MORE POWER FULL AGAINST MY TRIPS and of course keeps me on edge through the TURN AND RIVER... (sorry - but it's how I feel about ONLINE) ONLINE - it's rare to see players that are IN ACTION on line "not hitting" major DRAW cards with their TOP pair - I think LIVE offers MANY more boring hands.. But that's me - that's my take and I'm sticking with it...

In a NUT SHELL THOUGH.. - THE LUCK TRAIN IS HITTING ME IN THIS GAME... I CAN NOT LOSE IT SEEMS. and guess what! I'm cool with this... I'm so due! NOW ITS TIME TO HIT A BIG SCORE.. TO HELL WITH THIS $10 level BS.





















Ok then... THIS NEXT HAND... **This is MY kind of hand** ("Owning" a player on the turn) I see more of this sorta thing happen live...(Me and other players I talk to anyways.. QUALITY PLAYERS.)




















TIME TO TAKE A HIT... My lucky streak hit a bit of a WALL when... I was hit by a "COOLER" hand. (A COOLER hand is a POKER HAND that does not go all that well..and takes a nice load of chips off a player) A great example of a cooler would be - AA being beat by say 34 clubs.. with the player hitting trip 3's on river. Here MY JJ with so few players is a GREAT HAND.. but not great enough.























OK - Well, I wish you were watching this game - because I feel this player (HEADS UP) was a little scared of me.. HIS only move it seemed was ALL IN - ALL IN.. He was pushing - pushing.. (to be fair - I was pushing too.. lol) and finally in this hand - I thought - He's on a move... Well.. I figured wrong. He had a POCKET PAIR. I was not dead.. but it was not a good flop - turn or river..

I could have picked a better SPOT... It's a mistake that cost me ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS... period. But - I have to go with my gut and I thought he was raising with junk. Who knows.. maybe he was better than I give him credit for.. Actually - that's not fair.. HE WAS A VERY GOOD PLAYER. The weak ones just GIVE UP.

He might come on here and READ ALL THIS and LET US KNOW HIS TAKE on the GAME.. That is... if we are lucky. I invited him.




I'm typing all this VERY LATE - SO there might be a few errors.. I'll check it all tomorrow.. Until then - you have the pictures at least..


















And here it is.. THE FIRST LOSER.. "2nd" place. $140.00 winner. I'll put that in my ROLL for the $24.00 games. Any thoughts or comments - GO AHEAD.. I can take it..




1 comment:

  1. Any win is a good win
    If its big or small wont matter it means the bankroll is moving in the correct direction
    I have played now HNL for about 5 years and getting better all the time .
    I have learned a few good tips
    *The fold button is your buddy
    *Patience is everything
    *Large tourneys are not easy for anyone and as skilled as you are, you still need the cards to shine.

    BigO

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! If you want to take a poke at me - go nuts! Just be ready for what ever I dish back at ya... It's a two way street...

Oh and be nice kinda sorta.. lol