Monday, May 5, 2008

choosing your ONLINE poker game..

How do you decide WHICH table to click on when play a round of cards online? Do you just pick ANY table(s) (Is it the first seat you slide over with your mouse) Do you THINK about what your best move is, when selecting a game? In many ways - the game you SELECT might be your best move over all, for any given session of online poker.


In "live" real life games - I feel "loose" passive games are easy to beat...games with many players seeing the flop (in most cases - they are easy) - ONLINE - Well.. let's just say I'm not sure. It appears (with me) having many players seeing the flop online - is a bad thing.. (but normal online) ONE of the fish players is due to CATCH up and SQUASH your good starting hand more so online. Even when you hit hands like ST'S and FLUSHES on flop.. I can not EXPLAIN it to you and have you UNDERSTAND - but it's no doubt - DIFFERENT - then in live games.. Don't EVER let anyone tell you otherwise.

I'm not saying hands don't get beat in a live game (THEY DO) - I'm just saying it APPEARS to happen more ONLINE... (I don't subscribe to the thinking it's due to more hands per hour when playing online) I think the outcomes or %'s are a tad off.. THIS YOU ALREADY KNOW - if you read my blog. I think players that have a SUPER lead online are being PLAYED.. not by the other players... but by the site itself. I think you have to play the SYSTEM (or program) more than the other players - WHICH is SO SAD... It really ruins the pure game of poker.

So - What do I like to see online when you choose a game? I like 3-4 seeing the flop - but even then I play , as if I'M GOING to GET beat... (sad I know) but it just seems as if it helps to be the DOG in a card race ONLINE.

If I can - I like to play games where people are taking crazy shots... or overplaying pairs.. Just like in live games -

My real thoughts on choosing a game ONLINE is... I'd rather I lived in a state with LIVE poker - I find it's easier to believe a BAD run of cards when WE as PLAYERS can look the DEALERS in the eyes - as well as our competition... If I had a choice of LIVE poker or online - I'd choose LIVE every time...

Oh well..

Here is praying for legal poker in PA!

If you are reading my blog and you think I'm WAY OFF in my thinking.. just say so.. I'd love to hear your side of the debate.

1 comment:

  1. I will play any game once the site meets my criteria.
    Of utmost importance when playing poker online is to ensure that the poker room you are playing at will keep you credit information private and secure. You also must ensure that your personal identification and contact details will not be sold. Moreover you need to ensure that the online software used by the poker is secure. By this I mean that the software cannot be manipulated and players can't take advantage of weaknesses in the software as there are checks and balances in place by the operator to ensure this does not happen; etc.). The servers on which the software sits needs to be secure. Poker rooms should provide details about the encryption system in use. Make sure that the poker room is transparent with this information. For example, do they explain how card are shuffled and their random number generator? Good rooms will maximise the level of unpredictability in the cards being played. Investigate the other measures they have put in place to eliminate, for example, game rigging, player collusion, hacking. Make sure you familiarise yourself with a poker room's privacy policy.I have been affiliated with a few I thought were a disgrace.Ala (Poker Dream)
    After that is taken care of,depending on the stakes,I look for a game where about 35% are seeing the flop.And on the average,the pots are nice.

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! If you want to take a poke at me - go nuts! Just be ready for what ever I dish back at ya... It's a two way street...

Oh and be nice kinda sorta.. lol