Monday, December 15, 2008

Who is your favorite pro poker player and why? I like..

OK- Many of you are not going to want to hear this.. but I have two favorites.

The two poker pros that I like.

Eric Seidel - Because I've been watching him play now for many years and he's like a Machine. He does this STACK building like no other.. - all while keeping a low profile. HE always nice at the tables.. I've never seen the guy go off or snap at another player.. That's just cool! His cashes speak volumes of his abilities as a pro poker player.

On the other side of the poker spectrum.. I like and respect..

Phil Hellmuth - I know - I know.. Tom.. Are you CRAZY? Well.. No. I understand his game (I get his mind) He is a great player and just like in football.. "It ain't bragging if you can bring it..." Many people want to take away the MIND games of poker - but THIS is a KEY part of TOP level poker - Many players not only enjoy (myself included) this important part of poker. They simply - OUTCLASS the field.. in many cases.

Phil can talk smack - cuz - he has the READS on your play (he knows what he is doing kids) and he has the track record of a CHAMPION. He's got to be in the TOP "3" of all time best players - If people are honest.

Love Phill Hellmuth or Hate Phill Hellmuth - Show the man some respect.

WE HAVE A FREE ROLL OVER AT XFILESPOKER.COM COMING UP SOON! DECEMBER 28, 2008 - Hit the banners HERE on this site for FULL TILT - and Join the forum over at xfilespoker.com - USE the bonus code "SANTA" too! Then contact us at wsoptom@gmail.com after you are all signed up!

2 comments:

  1. Phil apparently never played in the Texan backrooms like where T.J. or Doyle started. I don't think his opponents would settle for giving him a nasty for his tantrums. It is not so much a matter of loving or hating Helmuth, his attitude stands in the way of giving him respect. When it comes to respect, it is 2/3 attitude, 1/3 skill. Of course, it is not fair to compare Phil to T.J. and Doyle, who played in games where your winning was half the skill and surviving with the cops looking for you and drunken guns-for-hire as your opponents to other.

    There are two players that share my no.1 spot, T.J. Cloutier and Rolf Slotboom. Both for skill of course and T.J. for his attitude while playing and Rolf for his ability to think outside the box.

    Of course there are others I admire, including Doyle Brunson, Barry Greenstein, Phil Ivey, Daniel Negreanu, Marcel Luske and Kenna James.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cmon... Players like Phil Hellmuth - just make some guys go tilt..

    especially guys like you.

    It's OK! Things get to everyone at times..

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! If you want to take a poke at me - go nuts! Just be ready for what ever I dish back at ya... It's a two way street...

Oh and be nice kinda sorta.. lol