Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ok - So.. The final table.. "9" lucky bastards - some that could actually play... some.. eh?



A 22-year-old Danish poker professional won the World Series of Poker. Good for him!

Congratulations Peter Eastgate!

Of course.. like all the rounders out there - I watched.. (I think it MISSED something.. something was missing.. can't put my finger on it..) I'll get back to you on this..

I'll follow this subject and learn more about the new crowned king of poker. Maybe he's more a prince (being only 22) either way - I expect he will have NO problem getting a date for the next million years or so...

I watched the table.. I think ONLY "3" of them had game.. (few others had some basic talent and just held on for the next JUMP in cash, not that I blame them) and... others got there on the LUCK TRAIN and were like FISH out of water.

NO BIG NAMES... No Phil Hellmuth, no Jesus, no NOBODY... huh? Kinda supports my idea that WE ARE ALL LIKE SPAWNING SALMON when playing in poker tourneys... Skill is a factor - but LUCK plays it's role.

I think it will be good for poker overall, the young man beat Phil Hellmuth's record... He played with skills.. He's easy on the eyes.. and he was pretty cool about the whole WIN.. (and NO sunglasses) Let's face it - there are millions of young guys and gals that are not thinking hey.."I can do THATTTTT!" (I know I said it... I'm still saying it... lol)

It's all going to depend on weather or not Peter Eastgate wants to DO THE TOUR and help BUILD poker... (I hope he will) I can't even THINK of what it must be like AFTER you win that tourney. Globs of people wanting a piece of the WINNER.

Here is a good interview with Peter - http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=23423

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! If you want to take a poke at me - go nuts! Just be ready for what ever I dish back at ya... It's a two way street...

Oh and be nice kinda sorta.. lol