Monday, May 18, 2009

Poker can SIZZLE your BRAIN

Last weeks REVIEW.

Last week I finish 200 out of 6700 in an FTOPS event (cash) -

Then this week - I WIN my way into a major FTOPS "main EVENT" - $50 buy in. Almost 12 thousand players...

I was going into this MAJOR game of poker tilt.. not from poker.. but from friends and family. One day I think they have my back - supporting me. Other days, I'm not so sure. Fustrating.

I was in such a HIGH winning this seat.. Not because of the win as much as WHAT I FIGURED OUT pertaining to NL poker - I think I learned a major TRICK to go deep.. So - I was READY FOR WAR the night before. Going into the game with a good track record of finishes.

All was looking good.

That was until I woke up on Sunday. The weather was not that good and all the rain ruined some of my home projects (a major concrete pour) It was just a muddy mess.

I finished deep bout out of the cash in a smaller ftops event in afternoon.. CARD DEAD.

My pal came over to take some extra stone I had in my driveway from a major SEWER project (to save some money) and then drove right over my UP SPOUT for the sewer back flow preventor. OH! YEAH! Diggin another 6' hole in my front yard is NOT what I want to do.. He never SEEN the bright orange stick jetting up from the 6" plastic pipe.

OMG!

This is how I go into my BIG game. But waite.. It gets better. My wife comes home and starts tinkering behind me - making all kinds of noise.. Just TWEAKING my already fragile nerves... Time and Time I've asked her to "GET IT" that when I'm playing poker for MONEY - I take it serious. Serious like a heart attack serious.

She of course is IN A MOOD to drive me nuts. Does her same THING.. and almost knocks me CRAZY. I ignore her. and she retreats to the upstairs.

I'M PLAYING FOR A FIRST PRIZE OF $100,000.00 Dollars!

I'M PLAYING FOR A FIRST PRIZE OF $100,000.00 Dollars!

I'M PLAYING FOR A FIRST PRIZE OF $100,000.00 Dollars!

For some reason - She does not care.

Huh.?

Anyways.. No doubt - I was affected my by the damage in my front yard.. and the COLD cards in the first FTOPS game of the day.. but my WIFE.. I just don't get it.

It's a HOT and COLD support I get from my wife with poker. (Usually - it's pretty good - or so it seems) Yesterday though, in a 100K payday game.. It was very cold.

Here are my STATS - I finished 3101 out of about 12K. Poker Pro "Christian Kruel" delivered my first COOLER - when he called my AQ diamonds raise from late pos - from his BB. He hit the turn "6" and ran with it. The pot was kept small - but at 400/800 or so.. well.. you know.





I'm going DEEP - so I'd like to keep taking stabs.. Just not sure I have the support from my family to go for it. It's such a drag. I don;t even play but 1-2 nights a week. I'm always working around the house.. Doing the daddy thing. I figure I deserve a few hours TO MAKE $100.000.00 for the family on MY OFF DAYS.

I might continue this.. Maybe .. maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! If you want to take a poke at me - go nuts! Just be ready for what ever I dish back at ya... It's a two way street...

Oh and be nice kinda sorta.. lol