Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Close friend and XFILESPOKER.COM member locks up $10,500.00 wsop seat for 2009

http://www.Xfilespoker.com member "hook" Wins the 10,500.00 seat in 2009 WSOP.

More detials to come - (Question and Answer interview over next few weeks on xfilespoker.com)

CONGRATS to my close and "long time playing" poker pal chunky for winning his 10,500.00 seat tonight. (May 11, 2009) He locked it up with points TONIGHT, two weeks shy of the 40 week deal.

He played 10 guys in a HOMETOWN league game for 40 weeks @ $60 a week - and took down the prize.

$35 went to till every week.
$25 for 1st and 2nd.

Totals worked out in end like this..

$14,000.00

$10,500.00 for WSOP seat
$ 3,500 for AIRFARE, Hotel and spending money.

The best part about his win (for me) is he came up to visit me at the Elks bar and said nice things about how I was the guy that showed him the game - the game that might change his life (has already actually...lol) forever. Chunky and I have done countless trips to Atlantic City and Vegas and I even coached him to his first major online win (via a cell phone from wal-mart) for a $1600.00 win...- Since then - Chunky has found other coaches as well.. and I now go to him for advice. Bottome line. We love each other and we love the silly game of poker! (Poker is the Devil - right chunk?)

We also played in a pretty major home game coined "the Taj "O" Tom's garage" (yep - that's me) that I ran for years (1/2 and 1/3 pot limit) We played with some very talented local players... and you could not help but learn playing with our group. (You learned or you went broke) It was a barn burner game that went on for 24 hours at times a few times a week. For years. It shut down due to the pots getting over 2000.00 - To rich for most players playing. - To rich for me to run without major WORRY for players.

SO CONGRATS TO OUR CHUNKY!!!!

Good Luck Chunk! I hope you win it all!!! You have come a long way since losing $400.00 in one night playing in my 2/4 limit poker game..

Chunk will now play for the 10 players that joined the league... (Each member owning 10% of chunky)

Watch out ESPN.. This one (The Chunkster..) will make a great story.

More info can be found in the coming weeks at http://www.xfilespoker.com - and In the xfilespoker.net/phpbb (forum)

If you want to FOLLOW CHUNKY in this years WSOP, with TWITTER.. etc., and read his story - visit us and "join the forum" over at http://www.xfilespoker.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! If you want to take a poke at me - go nuts! Just be ready for what ever I dish back at ya... It's a two way street...

Oh and be nice kinda sorta.. lol