Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Position is everything in NL holdem and so is (Keeping your head in the game)

Many of you know this, I messed up, busting out 10th on the final table..  I made many donk moves, playing bad position, small pocket pairs (in this case 3'a) and I bet "ALL IN" against a mad man to my right...

What can I say..  I was in another world, (out of my mind) I never make such moves and I'm totally of the (stop and think rule) but for whatever reason, (TILT?  I don't think I was tilt)  I jammed it all in with at best a bad flip.  Mad man called me with AJ off (man - would have been a great spot to have AK) but he "hit" his J and it mattered not.


I read this week that Doyle says NL holdem is a game of  BIG CARDS... The more and more I play.. I agree. 

I don't know why I made such a gut move, I never do... but I did and it cost me $, so never again, lesson learned... Next hand please.

All this went down at the Mohegan Sun Poker room at Pocono Downs.  It had a bright side to it, my poker pal Chunky came in 3rd..  and picked up some nice gifts for his 12 year old boy.. (He's going to love the gift! Shhhh)  I'll never tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! If you want to take a poke at me - go nuts! Just be ready for what ever I dish back at ya... It's a two way street...

Oh and be nice kinda sorta.. lol