Saturday, May 31, 2008

Yesterday it started - WSOP 2008


Well.. Another year (2008 WSOP) that I'm not going to be in Las Vegas.. You know what? That's ok with me! At least FULLTILTPOKER has the mini series for me to deal with... I have this action to look forward to and that's enough... You see.. living here in POKER DEPRIVED PENNSYLVANIA it's tough. It was like only yesterday (it seems to me) when I was there in Vegas ALL THE TIME with an average stay of 15 days.. Ahhhhh - The good old days... when GAS was cheap and flights out west were 200-300 tops.

I love Las Vegas but having a 4 year old little girl and family means much more to me .. Until she is in SCHOOL - all day. I'm staying home with the family. That, and as many of you know - I made a deal with my wife that we would PAY OFF THE HOUSE before I play in any major buy in games. This might happen NEXT year - maybe. 2010 is a LOCK if I'm still on this earth.

NOW - FOCUS HERE! GOOD STUFF COMING AT YOU IN THESE NEXT FEW LINES.. If you are looking to get a good day in day out play by play of the 2008 series.. I suggest you check out DR PAULY'S TAO OF POKER BLOG NOBODY DOES IT LIKE DR. PAULY. Pauly can get a little rough at times - but if you want the REAL FEEL of poker - you got to do it.(Newbies can thank me later for showing them the TAO OF POKER)

<<<< THIS IS A PHOTO OF DR. PAULY


Me - I'm not sad not being there - I been there done that.. (never won! Hell - never entered a major game) I covered a few series between 1994-1999 and the 2002 - 2004 and 2005. The crowds - the sounds.. I was in the heart of it all - it was awesome! But not this year.. not at this time..

I'll do what I have been doing the last few years - reading DR. PAULY and waiting for ANY poker NUGGETS on the boob tube.

Yeppers! If you are in Vegas in the next month or so - the place to be (for POKER) is at the RIO! It's an ALL SUITE hotel (I have stayed at this property many times!) I give it a 5 STAR rating... EXCEPT for it being SO DARN BIG.. Walking to the pool and back from your room can be a task... But, who the hell is going to the pool right? With all that POKER ACTION... I doubt many rounders will know if it's day or night..

So follow my advice and TAG - Dr. PAULY'S site and check in with him every day for the REAL nuggets of poker news. then come play with me in the mini series.. on FULLTILTPOKER

If you are going or are there ALREADY - GOOD LUCK! Make it happen.

I have some posts coming in the near future about a young lady that is going to play in the MAIN EVENT (SHE won her seat) and I ended up buying 5% of her action and raising another $500 for he - through donations and plan on giving that % to our local Elks Lodge. Elks care, Elks share.


So - that's about it for me today - I got some great screen shots from a game/tourney I won on FULLTILTPOKER - Funny thing was.. I won it sitting in the Elks parking lot after the BAR shut down - I had to pull close up to the building to get the wireless signal... Odd - playing poker in your car.. but hey! I won! (It was a game I really did not even want to play - Someone asked me at the bar to show them HOW TO PLAY POKER ONLINE)... lol

Another player swimming close to the "hook" of online poker. I told her to watch herself.. THE GAME IS FUN and CAN REALLY SUCK YOU IN... Here is another HOOK! Go ahead! JUMP IN! FULLTILTPOKER Sign up today!

Hope everyone is hitting quads today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! If you want to take a poke at me - go nuts! Just be ready for what ever I dish back at ya... It's a two way street...

Oh and be nice kinda sorta.. lol