Monday, May 26, 2008

REMEMBER THOSE WHO HAVE DIED IN OUR NATION'S SERVICE

Veterans, both past and present, were honored for their service over the weekend with several different events.... Here is a story in pictures of one such event held at my local Elks lodge.. A lodge that I'm proud to be a past president and member. Elks #200 Hazleton, Pa. 18201

GO ARMY! MARINES! NAVY! GO AIR FORCE! GO COAST GUARD!































































Yesterday at Elks lodge #200 - I had the privilege as Committee Chairman to organize the "Take a VET to breakfast.." program. Together with a great TEAM of Elks - we served free breakfasts to over 100 vets from all over Pennsylvania. (THANK YOU TO DENISE EISENHART FOR THE GREAT CENTER PIECES!!! FANTASTIC WORK YOU DO!!! IN A SHORT TIME TOO!!!)


One of the young ladies, an army vet herself handed me 11 envelopes with hand written letters thanking me and all the Elks members for putting such a day together.. I had to remind her and the rest of the guys, that we were in fact the lucky ones to serve our VETERANS.. I reminded them that we love them and that it was an honor for the ELKS to serve such ... great AMERICANS.

Here are a few images of the day - A lot of work/time went into putting this day together (Meetings,Speakers,Decorations,VA Hospital Bus,food, food prep, etc.) I'd like to thank my wife and daughter and my awesome committee (friends) that made the HAZLETON ELKS #200 and this Committee Chairman SHINE.. We brought a SPECIAL day (at least a few hours) to our local vets as well as the 20+ that drove over 35 miles from the VA Hospital in a special bus.. with about 11 of the VETERANS being in wheel chairs..

The pictures will explain everything better than I could ever dream of doing....

If you are a VETERAN - THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO FOR THIS COUNTRY.... The B.P.O.E is with you 101% GOD BLESS AMERICA!


Before ending this thread (blog) I would like to say thanks again to my commitee,my close friend Randy Montz (One of the HARDEST WORKING men in all of ELKDOM) plus E.R. Mike Dolan... Mike is a WORKING president of our lodge and is almost always found serving breakfasts.. His wife helps a lot as well. Here, in these photos.. My friend Randy w/Morgan my daughter and then a photo of the DINING ROOM at our LODGE showing E.R. (president) Mike Dolan before the RUSH for breakfast.

















Here is a photo of pilot Captain Scott Gallagher - U.S. Marines, a guest at this event who just returned from Iraq.
















Lastly, I need to thank a a great bunch of men for helping with the SPEAKING portion of this event. Guest Speaker Jim Templeton, a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 8253/West Hazleton. Guest speaker Neil "ROCKY" Graziano, Adjutant Paymaster with the Anthracite Detachment - Marine Corps League 428. Guest speaker Bill Hines,commander of the Disabled American Veterans Mountain City Chapter. Also, Marine Corps Captain Scott Gallagher, who recently returned from a four-month detachment in Iraq and Jay Spare, of chapter 3 Disabled American Veterans, both guests. (***NOTE- The picture with me, the large guy in the middle "looking like Johnny Cash..." The men in this photo to my left and right were the speakers) What a great job they did!







Jim Templeton! Thanks again for a JOB WELL DONE! Many people stopped our lodges president and myself to tell us what a fine event this was.. It could not have been done without your help. Thank you sir. PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG TO YOUR TEAM OF SPEAKERS. I hope to work with you again in the coming years, some time down the line.

FYI Everyone! Our next event will be for FLAG DAY on June 22. If you can - please attend and as always - HELP is always needed. :)

***If you would like to know more about the ELKS - contact me - anytime! I'd love to have you helping us help the VETERANS!!! ANYWHERE you live - in the USA! The Elks are near and ready to help.. Next time you are driving around your town - Look out for your local Elks lodge and ask an elk (member) for details..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! If you want to take a poke at me - go nuts! Just be ready for what ever I dish back at ya... It's a two way street...

Oh and be nice kinda sorta.. lol