Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Taking a day to catch up on my duties at the ELKS LODGE



I'm Veterans Chairperson for our E.R. Mike Dolan 2008/09 year.
(E.R. means Exalted Ruler, or President of lodge)

This means I'm again adding too much to my already busy life! (makes the heart pump keeping busy.. ha haaaa! It feels good giving something back to our TROOPS and VETS too)

We have many events and each and every one of them are serious to ALL ELKS.

Here are some of the tasks my crew and I must complete in next year..


May 25 - Take a VET to Breakfast.

June 22, Flag Day (note - Lodges are allowed to run this day as close to June 14 as possible - Our lodge chose June 22 for schedules, etc)
















August - Cookout at the Vets Hospital


October - Pork Dinner (to raise money)
















November - Take a VETERAN to DINNER

February - Donate money to VETS hospital in our area.. Put on a show/food for the veterans.

God bless AMERICA and GOD BLESS ALL OUR TROOPS and VETERANS.

If anyone has any questions about being an Elk - Just shoot. I'm a past president myself and I'd love to get you to consider being a member in ANY part of the country. I'll be happy to help. I love the Elks almost as much as I love poker.

The Elks are some of the BEST PEOPLE ON EARTH - B.P.O.E. Elks.

If you live near a local Elks lodge - TAKE a VET to breakfast if you see signs! (VETS always eat FREE on this special day) You will have to pay.. sorry :). Who knows - you might even LOVE it at the Elks and JOIN! The Elks are all about GOD and COUNTRY! USA! If you want to read a little about the history of the Elks (pictures etc)click here.



If you want to see a great link to get your heart pumping again for this great country click here.

And you people reading my blog thought I was only about the poker.... NO no! I'm so much more than poker. Life is all about balance.

Tom Dwyer PER
Hazleton Pa. Elks Lodge #200

P.S. Maybe I'll have FULLTILTPOKER do something in the form of a TOURNEY for us soon and donate it to the Hazleton Elks! Yeah! We need to do that!

P.S.S. If you are an ELK - please sign my guestbook and put your LODGE number in as well... Non Elks are also asked to sign my guestbook.

1 comment:

  1. I love it all but one.....The PORK dinner,That stuff will kill ya.
    Fish,Chicken,Beef,even Elk.
    Now your talking.
    All kidding aside,it's great to see people like you helping are vets.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! If you want to take a poke at me - go nuts! Just be ready for what ever I dish back at ya... It's a two way street...

Oh and be nice kinda sorta.. lol