Monday, February 8, 2010

SUPER BOWL PARTY at our ELKS LODGE #200 * 2010 - Small Ball poker at it's best.. GREAT FRIENDS/FOOD

Super Bowl Sunday..

I'm pretty sure God slapped the Super Bowl in there to help all of us get thru the rough winters... Man... It's like a 2nd Christmas for Big Daddy... Especially when your team is in the BIG game. (Colts)

Turns out, I received a huge lump of coal, w/the Saints taking my Colts down... Football is a lot like poker and war.. One bad move.. TURNOVER.. Chips or footballs.. or the flag, It's all the same..

WAR - Little mistakes = BIG PROBLEMS

Congrats to the SAINTS.. They pushed harder.. Well done. Respect.

The PARTY at the ELKS

I've been a part of the Super Bowl party at my beloved Elks lodge for a good 10 years now.. It features a FUN "small steaks poker game" (usually 7 card stud) - 25 cent 50 cent,$1 (4th street) double on the open pair.. Pots - anywhere from 10 - 40 bucks on average, Many guys playing $2/$6 bucks on 6th and 7th streets.. (Basically, A dream game) Being an OLD SOUL - I like playing in the OLD buildings with 110 year old (still working) grandfather clocks... and of course.. Large stuffed ELKS on the walls..

I'd play this gem of a game for 24 hours - but these games usually break by game time..(kick off)

WITH THE COLTS playing this year - I was cool with all this.. not a problem.




I call it the $1 SLOT machine poker game.. These boys (who I love to death) just keep plunking the $1's in.. and praying.. Chasing even when they are beat on 5th street.. (Drawing dead) Out of 9 players, maybe 1/2 others actually PLAY POKER. *Some of the SUPER oldtimers really know the game of Stud - playing 50 years or so will do that to you...

Fantastic!

You're not going to retire on a poker game like this - and of course WHEN the SLOT like POKER PLAYERS CATCH you all day, you're finished... Usually, though... if you play good starting hands, TAG style poker.. Ur good for the most part. It's LIKE they LOVE losing more than winning.. (hell.. they just like PLAYING!)

Yesterday - I bought in for $30, cashed out up $40 after buying $34 dollars worth of various FOOTBALL pools @ $2, $5 and $10 each... (so I banked $74)

I bought "4" meal tickets - PRIME RIB for my family (They run this day at COST) $15 each... and brought the meals home at halftime.. to spend the 2nd half of game with my girls ($60)

I "HIT" on of the $5 pools (FINAL SCORE) for $64.. and the day ended up being FREE. This in my book, is a WIN WIN..

The days food is quite good, Two SALADS, Soups, JUMBO SHRIMP, Prime RIB with all the fix-ins, Chips and all that junk too.. (Ice Cream) 6 brands of FREE BEER and free SODA.

BIG DADDY drinks (regular price) :(

Then at HALF TIME - they roll out "4" of these bad boys.. 6' HOAGIES on some of the best fresh baked bread ever.




I try to stay away from this game.. it's not the BIG ACTION I usually like.. but it sure is fun.. It's got to be the fantastic Prime Rib dinner u get for $15... The ladies and gents at the Elks are great in the kitchen... Home cooked meals at their best. Just like Ur MOMMA makes..

Too bad for my COLTS.. Oh well.. We always have next year..


***I'm a past president of the Elks Lodge #200 and I'm always trying to get new members for GRAND LODGE.. The Elks are all about DOING GOOD... (God and Country) - We take care of our VETERANS.. (God bless em all!!!) If you are ever near an Elks lodge - go in sometime and say HI, ask about joining..BECOME AN ELK yourself.. A good time to stop by would be during one of the many DINNERS they run (usually open to the public) Trust BIG DADDY - You will meet many LIFE TIME friends..

TIP - For the first year - SOAK it all in.. Then, get involved with what YOU want to.. (and please.. Tell them Big Daddy sent ya)

PLAYING POKER? Come join our poker forum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! If you want to take a poke at me - go nuts! Just be ready for what ever I dish back at ya... It's a two way street...

Oh and be nice kinda sorta.. lol